Transit Drives Indy
Throughout the 2016 election season, ICAT worked with an array of Indianapolis-based community partners with the Transit Drives Indy Coalition to educate and engage the public on the Marion County Transit Plan and the referendum that could fund it, if approved by voters. In that process, ICAT continued to promote transit as a tool for achieving a more livable Indianapolis for everyone, regardless of age or ability.
The following letters-to-the-editor and graphics were used to raise awareness of the power of mobility options in making our community more accessible. Please feel free to share these with your friends and family as we continue to strive to make Hoosier communities more connected and available to everyone.
- Jewel Lofton, rider and IndyGo Mobility Advisory Committee (MAC) member
- Ryan Malone, rider and IndyGo MAC member
- Karen Dodson, advocate and IndyGo MAC member
- Funding explanation for Marion County Transit Plan
- Transit choices will keep Indy seniors from being homebound by CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions
- More transit means greater independence by DAMAR Services
- Mobility Advisory Committee endorses transit referendum by IndyGo MAC
- People with disabilities should have equal access by Katie Dickey, rider and IUPUI law student